1. Students will explore the role of series and parallel wiring as they pertain to voltage and amperage.
2. Students will explore the processes involved with charging batteries and relate these processes to voltage and amperage.
3. Students will test photovoltaic modules to identify voltage and amperage outputs.
4. Students will design a system of wiring 3 V, 1.5 A modules together as a means to charge a
12 V lead-acid battery
5. Students will predict and test the effectiveness of their designed solar charger.
In this lesson, students will further explore the potential and challenges related to using photovoltaics to supplement the power needed to charge batteries in BEVs. Students will be provided with a 12 V lead